LUMEBOX® is committed to safeguarding the privacy of personal data (“Information”). This Privacy Notice outlines the collection, use, and disclosure of personal Information provided to us. When Information is submitted to us, or you use our websites and other services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that Information as described in this Privacy Notice.
As users access the site, LUMEBOX® collects and aggregates information indicating, among other things, which pages were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were employed. Collecting such Information involves the logging of IP addresses, operating system, and browser software used by each visitor. Although such Information is not personally identifiable, LUMEBOX® can determine from the IP address a visitor’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of the user’s point of connectivity.The non-personally identifiable Information collected helps in diagnosing any server problems, administering the site, identifying the most popular areas of the site, and determining the effectiveness of promotional activities.
For the same purposes, LUMEBOX® uses “cookies” – that is, small text files placed on your computer’s hard drive – to help determine the type of content and sites visited, the length of time spent on a particular site, and the usage of services offered via the site. For information on how users can control their Web browser’s acceptance of cookies, please refer to the documentation accompanying the browser.
Certain areas of the site may require that users provide personally identifiable Information (such as name, email address, and phone). In addition, when registering to set up an account to use certain services on the site such as email, discussion forums, or to receive newsletters or specifically targeted information. LUMEBOX® may require users to provide additional personally identifiable Information.
LUMEBOX® does not control the acts of this site’s members or visitors. In the event visitors encounter any user on this site who is improperly collecting or using Information provided by the site’s members or visitors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LUMEBOX® uses non-personally identifiable Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful online services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of the site visitors, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the site.
The site may contain links to other Internet websites, including co-branded or other affiliated sites that may or may not be owned or operated by LUMEBOX® Unless otherwise explicitly stated, LUMEBOX® is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites, including such sites’ use of any Information (such as IP number, browser type, or operating system) collected when visitors to the site click through links to those sites. Even though such Information might not identify the user personally, users should be familiar with the privacy practices of those other sites.
LUMEBOX® provides notice to potential registrants of this site whose personally identifiable Information will be collected during the registration or other processes including the voluntary submission of any form on the site. Such notice is provided simultaneously with the user’s registration on this site; moreover, this policy itself serves as notice that such Information is collected under those circumstances. Although users may not “opt out” of the registration process and still receive access to the services, users may choose to “opt out” of receiving promotional materials from LUMEBOX® and/or other business partners. If the user does not “opt out” of receiving such promotional materials, LUMEBOX® reserves the right to release user’s personally identifiable registration Information to third parties who provide goods or services that LUMEBOX® believes may be of interest to the user. If the user decides to discontinue receiving promotional information from such third parties, please contact those third parties directly, or contact email@example.com
We collect Information from individuals only as necessary in the exercise of our legitimate interests, functions, and responsibilities. Examples and rationale for these include, but are not limited to:
- Site or content access. In cases where you access restricted content which requires your subscription (i.e., to log on as a user), your Information is collected and retained by us until you ask us to remove your Information from our databases and further, when the restricted content is supplied by a Third Party, you should assume your Information will be given to the Third Party in exchange for your access to that content.
- Contractual work. LUMEBOX® may share information with Third Parties who have entered into contracts with LUMEBOX® to perform functions on behalf of LUMEBOX®, subject to the obligation of confidentiality and safeguarding from unauthorized disclosure.
LUMEBOX® limits its own email contact and solicitations to those users who have not “opted out” of receiving such communications. The solicitations are limited in that they, among other things, will clearly indicate the originator of the e-mail and provide the user with a method of “opting out” of receiving future communications of a similar nature.
Finally, LUMEBOX® may use individual members’ data to “pre-populate” forms, which are displayed for the purpose of collecting individual data by LUMEBOX®. In no case does pre-populating a form transfer any data to any third party. Only if the user voluntarily requests that such data be transferred will any transfer take place – for example, if/when a user clicks a “submit form” button or another button.
We may disclose your Sensitive Information and other Information as follows:
- Consent: We may disclose Information if we have your consent to do so.
- Public Information: We may share your Information if you have made it public.
- Archiving: We may share your Information for archival purposes in the public interest, and for historical research and statistical purposes.
- Legal Obligation: We may share your Information when the disclosure is required or permitted by international, federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Service Providers: We use third parties who have entered into a contract with LUMEBOX® to support our operations and policies. In such cases, we share your Information with such third parties subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- De-Identified and Aggregate Information: We may use and disclose Information in de-identified or aggregate form without limitation.
Your Information will be retained by LUMEBOX® in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, and will be destroyed upon your request unless applicable law requires destruction after the expiration of an applicable retention period. The manner of destruction shall be appropriate to preserve and ensure the confidentiality of your Information given the level of sensitivity, value, and criticality to LUMEBOX®.